Thursday, December 15, 2011

OMG!! What a weekend!


I know I've been MIA for the past couple weeks but I promise it was worth it!! This weekend I got to be part of the biggest natural hair event in Texas.  Well LISA how big was it you say?  Well over 8,000 attendees!!!  Let me say this again....OVER 8,000 ATTENDEES!!!  The Nzuri Natural Hair, Health & Beauty Expo was truly more than a "hair show", it was a true production of the highest caliber.  I had the honor and the pleasure of being part of the first Blogosphere with a group of great ladies.  So not only was this my first big natural hair event, I actually was a participant in all the festivities!  How cool is that!!

Check out my logo! Will be working on a new one in 2012 :)
Esteemed members of the Blogosphere
I can't even begin to describe the feeling of the entire weekend...I lost myself a few times lol!  There's something to be said about the natural hair community, and especially when you're talking about the sheer number of patrons to the Reliant Center over this two day event.  No disturbances, no foolishness, no fighting...when is the last time you heard of this many people of color without incident?  It was a fellowship, a family reunion if you will, and it was really effortless to network with everyone from attendees to vendors and speakers.  Everyone was accessible!

In all the excitement I managed to lose my camera but alas luck was on my side...my camera was in a bag...in the ticket office...and found by the some great honest people!  Another reason to be thankful...there are still decent people in the world :)  With that being said I'm going to wrap up this quick post with a few words to sum up my experience at the Nzuri Expo...

HUMBLE 


POWERHOUSES

EPIC


ANTICIPATION

EXCITEMENT

INVOLVED


CHIC

FAMILY

UNIQUE

BLESSED

That's all I got for you right now, stay tuned for more pics and videos...I will do my best to have everything posted by this weekend.

Lisa Michelle

2 comments:

  1. You are so right. There was no foolishness of any kind. It was a great event that had so much and was definitely for the entire family. I don't think I recovered until Wednesday from all the excitement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still recovering girl!! Crazy...I had such a good time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...