Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Review: Blended Beauty

Here's an extra special review for you all!!  I received several products from Blended Beauty, the Natural Hair Oil and Happy Nappy Styles.  I love good products and this is one brand that I've been itching to try!  Not to mention the fact that my hair has been crazy dry this winter, I was really hoping that these products could help alleviate some of that as well.



Blended Beauty hair care products were designed specifically for the needs of those with dry, wavy, curly, kinky, and relaxed or heat-straightened hair.

Our main goal is to provide superior quality products that beautify the look of the hair but also nourish the hair from the inside out, promoting healthy growth and diminishing breakage. All our products are formulated with naturally derived ingredients and are between 98%-99% natural.



Let's start with the Natural Hair Oil first...
Oils of Sunflower, Avocado, and Beantree, Grapeseed with Rosemary extract and Soy lecithin provide deep moisturizing without clogging hair follicles. This blend has a light weight feel and will keep hair, moisturized, healthy and growing. It can also be used as a hot oil treatment before shampooing, or in between shampoo and conditioner with very dry hair. $20.00/8 oz

Ingredients: Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Perfume, Soy Lecithin, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract.

Directions: Apply as needed to hair and scalp and leave on. Or heat oil, apply liberally to hair and scalp, leave on five minutes and shampoo out, then use conditioner.


I was able to use this product for dry detangling, as a hot oil treatment, and for sealing in moisture.  The oil is GREAT!! It smells great, it feels great, it goes on great, and even though it's an oil it really is not that greasy and absorbs well.  The trigger bottle is wonderful, it was easy to use and I can definitely reuse the bottle once I finish using the product.  I used this to oil my scalp once I finished my twists and I also applied to my ends...my hair loved it!  Soaked it up and my hair felt so good!  It doesn't take much product and I can see this lasting me for another couple months with regular use.

On to the Happy Nappy Styles...

A rich and moisturizing styling cream for kinky curls and dreads, or highly textured hair. Style and define your curls or twist locs, while naturally hydrating. Perfect for finger twisting curls! Create defined curls, with maximum moisture and softness. Dries touchably soft and satiny, not sticky or greasy. $

Ingredients: Aloe and Chamomile Water, Rice Bran Oil, Shea Butter, Natural Conditioner, Polysorbate 20, Vegetable Glycerin, Capryl Isostearate, Soy Lecithin,Guar Gum, Natural Preservative Optiphin, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Silk Powder.

Directions: Apply to clean damp or dry, detangled hair in small sections and smooth through completely. Style with fingers, not a comb, to reduce poof.



I loved the Happy Nappy Styles, it worked well for smoothing my curls in two strand twists.  The product is thick, but it absorbs well (not like the Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie...that stuff took WORK to get through!)  It was smooth and creamy upon application, and it did a great job with just a little bit of product.  I used a little more than a fingertip for each twist and I suspect I'll get plenty of uses out of this one 8 oz container.  The resulting twist out was very shiny, soft and very well defined.  I made sure to concentrate on my ends and I think had my ends been trimmed the twist out out would've been one of my best ones to date!  Even though it doesn't have hold, my twists were still holding up well beyond the initial take down, even in this crazy Houston weather.

All in all I would definitely recommend this product for those who want something to leave their hair soft and defined, not crunchy and fuzzy!  There are a few other products I'd love to get my hands on from the Blended Beauty line, so I'll let you know if/when I can try those too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...