Friday, May 18, 2012

What a BUSY week...

This is going to be a semi-random post...I'll do better this weekend (hopefully lol!)

First off, the weather is heating up here in Houston, and the change of the seasons always comes with crazy allergies too...I need Mucinex AND Vitamin C on tap!

There's been so much going on this past week and I want to cover them all, but I'll just briefly do a rundown.

  • A week ago I was in Austin spending time with my sister, mother, sister-in-law, and niece...we had a great family picnic on the lake, and my aunt debuted her new natural TWA :)
  • Sunday was Mother's Day and I was featured on Black Girl Long Hair!!! AAAAHHHH!!!!!
  • Monday May 14th the This Hair Of Mine facebook page reached 1,000 family members!!! AAAAHHHH!!!!! If you aren't following me there, it's as easy as clicking the "Like" button to the right :)
  • Tuesday May 15th was Women Are Gamechangers 1st Gamechanger Fusion event!  Although I wasn't able to attend, I hear it was a fantastic turnout at an awesome venue!  I hope I can catch the next one :)
  • Thursday May 17th was the Welcome To Houston: Kim Coles Celebrates YOU! event at Natural Resources Salon.  I cannot begin to tell you how much fun it was to connect and reconnect with beautiful naturalistas!  The highlight of the evening was spending it with THE Kim Coles...she's fabulous, funny, talented, eloquent, gorgeous...it was really something special to be part of.  She was also gracious enough to do an impromptu Blogger round table where we were able to ask questions and interact with her on an even more personal level.  I think it really gave us all a peek into the person behind the comedy, and it was really special.
  • Saturday May 19th (tomorrow) is the Houston NNHMD event at Pappadeaux, 6015 Westheimer Rd.  This will be a casual event to mix, mingle and CELEBRATE being natural!  Be prepared to chat, laugh, share stories, and enjoy some great Pappadeaux food (I'm needing a Swamp Thing in my life!)
  • Sunday May 20th is the cherry on top of a great week for This Hair of Mine!  The Brunch with EDEN event is taking place with the EDEN BodyWorks team and I am serving on the Host Committee with my favorite Houston Bloggers!!  It's going to be a great networking opportunity and I'm super excited for it!
See what I mean!!  I can't wait til I can take a break!!  I've been playing around with the idea of doing twists or braids extensions to get me through a chunk of the summer since it's already getting so hot...I haven't done them in a long, long LONG time so I don't know how that'll work lol!  Y'all pray for me!!

I do want to send a special thank you to ALL of you that follow my blog...I'm coming up on my 1 year Blogiversary and I definitely couldn't have made it without your support.  GROUP HUG!!!

Lisa Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...