Monday, October 1, 2012

It's the 1st of the Month!

Not only is it the 1st, it's a Monday, and it's the 1st day of the last quarter of 2012.

Talk about a lot going on!

As I sit in my apartment...typing...trying to gather my thoughts after what can only be described as a spectacular week, I'm reminded as to why I started blogging in the first place.

Natural hair itself is one thing, but it is SO much more than that, especially if you were involved with Fro Fashion Week.  This really was an experience like no other, so excuse me while I attempt to put it into words.

Since I've been up all kinds of hours these past few days, I'm just going to drop a few golden nuggets of knowledge on you...just a few things I picked up ;)

DO LOOK BOTH WAYS!!!! Cannot stress this enough...thank you Jess :)
 



DO NOT BE AFRAID
 
 
DO BE CONFIDENT
 
 
DO NOT TAKE A DAY FOR GRANTED
 
 
DO BE YOURSELF
 
 
DO NOT ASSUME
 
 
DO HAVE FUN AT ALL TIMES
 
How's that for some great tidbits to take along for the rest of the year!!  I met some PHENOMENAL people this week that I'll call my curl friends for ever and ever and ever :)  I think this was a great way to bring in October!
 
 
Photos, videos and recap to come soon!!!


2 comments:

  1. Great nuggets of knowledge, especially "don't make assumptions" and "do not take a day for granted." You KNOW I have to throw in "DO look both ways before crossing the street", right? :) Never can be reminded about that one enough times. :) I look forward to reading your blog!! :) So glad I found it and YOU! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! YES! YES! YES! I definitely have to add that...that was probably the most important piece of information I gained!! Jess you don't know how much it means to have met you...I can't quite put it into words but you have a special place in my heart! You are so TOTALLY awesome and made my 1st Fro Fashion Week experience nothing short of amazing~

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...