Thursday, November 22, 2012

A Day of Thanks




On this Thanksgiving Day, I think we can all find a reason or two or a million to be thankful for. 2012 has been an exceptional year for This Hair of Mine, filled with lots of FIRSTS, lots of new friends, and lots of opportunity for the future.

Thanksgiving shouldn't be the only time you should give thanks.  Every day we wake up is a blessing, because there are those who didn't get that same privilege.  As I sit with my family...waiting to eat...I'm thankful for not only them but for the food as well.  Some people don't get to eat, and some don't have people to call family.  Last year at this time we were mourning the loss of my grandmother, my Big Baby, the last of my grandparents.  It's amazing how fast a year has passed, but the love we share has never diminished....it has increased tremendously. 

And as it goes with my hair...our hair...our natural hair community, I can see the love grow tremendously as well.  There is SO MUCH to be shared and to believe that this is just the tip of the iceberg is hard to comprehend.  I can only imagine how the rest of the year will finish up :)

So as you spend this time with your family, friends and loved ones, take the time to sent a special prayer to those less fortunate, those who may not have suffered tragedies this year, and send an extra special prayer to our military who don't get the holiday off.  My brother is one of those servicemen and I can't tell you how thankful & proud I am of him.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL, AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...