Monday, April 8, 2013

Weekend Rundown | African Pride and Beautiful Textures Events

I had such a jam packed weekend and it was completely awesome!!  I got the opportunity to attend not one, but TWO events hosted by top hair care brands African Pride and Beautiful Textures!  These private events really gave us the opportunity to learn more about the brand itself, as well as the new products that are coming to market.

African Pride made Houston the second stop on its Ultimate Beauty Social tour.  During the brunch, attendees were treated to healthy options for both food and hair!  We got the chance to learn about the long-standing brand, check out the newest additions to their line, and network with some of the top bloggers, businesses and media in the Houston area.  They brought in special guest hosts The Science of Black Hair author Audrey Davis-Sivasothy, Natural Hair Rules blogger Tamara Floyd, and Live Life in Style fashion & style blogger Shalanda "Shasie" Turner to facilitate a great Q&A session.  But we can't forget about the main reason for bringing us all together...THE PRODUCTS!!




I got to bring home the new & improved Miracle Cream and the brand new Silky Smooth Edges from the Olive Miracle line, as well as the Bouncy Curls Pudding from the new Shea Butter Miracle line.  They've also added a new Detangling Shampoo, Leave-In, Buttery Cream, Silky Edges and Growth Oil in this line, and I really can't wait to see how this does on my hair so I can try the others!!  And what's even better is the price...you can find most of these products at your favorite retailer for under $5!  Check the video below for my recap and a peek at the products.  To keep up with the tour you can follow @MyAfricanPride on Twitter, and remember to use hashtag #UltimateBeautySocial to stay in the loop on the next stop!



 
 
Later that evening came the chance for an intimate dinner in celebration of the newest products to come to the Beautiful Textures product line.  This super affordable line ($7 bucks!!) is coming out with 3 new products: Curl Definer Mousse, Edges to Ends, and Curl Definer Custard.  We got to go home with the first two products and I must say I cannot wait to try the mousse!  I've been dreaming of a rod set so I think it'd be great for that style.  I've seen the Beautiful Textures in Sally's before and I'm so excited I get to try the newest products from the brand. 
 




 
 
What I really loved about this event was the interactive nature in which we were able to ask & answer questions, discuss hot topics within the natural hair community, and be open and honest about our own personal hair struggles as well as triumphs.  You can follow the the Beautiful Textures brand using their Twitter/Instagram handle @lovinmytextures and by using the hashtag #TeamTextured.
 
And make sure you're following me across social media: Twitter/Instagram >> @bighairbrwneyes, Facebook >> This Hair of Mine, and YouTube >> LisaMsLisa
 
I'd also like to send a big thanks out to The Garner Circle, the PR team for both African Pride and Beautiful Textures.  Nicole Garner, CEO of the company, was beyond sweet and did a fabulous job bringing the brands to the city.  Houston is well on its way to being a stronghold in the natural hair care industry, and I can't thank her and her company enough for giving us this wonderful opportunity.
 
Oh, and stay tuned for reviews of these new products ;)


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful recap! Thank you for the mention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am Naptural and when i heard about the Beautiful Textures: Naturally Straight product I was amazed! I also watched many reviews on Youtube of the product and was going to get it ASAP! But something inside me said I should investigate Who Owns this company. With that I did some research and found that it is just another company bankrolling on Black women. Another one of the many non Black owned companies whose pockets are being lined with the millions even billions of Black dollars and not one penny is coming back to us or our communities. . .Because of that I can't support this product. Honestly sistahs. . . .none of us can support this.

    I understand that being able to wear your hair straight without having to use a perm is the shit! A dream come true for many sistah who love that straight hair look, but the non-African man that owns this company is laughing all the way to the bank and his community is loving him!!

    We need to support companies own by us. Companies like:♥ SheaMoisture, Carol's Daughters, Huetiful, Eden's Bodyworks, to name just a few.♥ These businesses need ALL our support! And we need to encourage more black business ownership!


    There are plenty of sistahs & Brotha's out there with AMAZING Ideas for our hair, it is OUR HAIR after all. So lets do are best to ditch the non Black owned businesses that don't support us anyway, ( they are usually the ones using that money spent by us to help destroy us). Lets take pride in our ingenuity and inventiveness and start local businesses in our communities! Its about to be 2015, time to get our "A" game UP! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...