Saturday, October 1, 2011

A New Month, A New Focus

Happy Saturday!!

Happy October 1st!!

Happy Fourth Quarter!!

I just wanted to take a quick moment to say THANK YOU!!! These (almost) past 2 months have been beyond my imagination, from starting this blog, to making my FIRST YouTube video, to creating my Facebook page, culminating in the Naturally Curly photo shoot.  I absolutely love the support I've been receiving, the questions I've been getting, the overall interest being shown in nurturing Natural hair has just made my heart full.  I hope the next few months towards the end of the year are equally as stimulating.

Now that we're entering the last quarter of the year, a lot of things have been coming to mind.  Today I finally washed my hair and tried Shea Moisture curl enhancing smoothie as my styler...video is in progress and I'll post it once I do my twistout, maybe tomorrow evening or Monday.  I realized how much my hair has grown, and that I do want to make sure I'm doing everything I can to keep it healthy and continue to grow.  The fall/winter seasons for me will be all about moisturizing and protective styles.  Yes, I'll still wear my hair out on occasion, but it will be kept to weekends and special events only.  I  really want to retain my length and see how long it will be by the end of the year.  Also, I'm going to try an minimize my detangling sessions to twice a month, using my fingers to do most of the work. 

I'm going to come back when I have a bit more time and go in-depth about what my goals are for the rest of the year and how I plan on achieving them.  For me, shorter terms goals tend to work better.  I can focus on 3 months better than I can an entire year...I'm a bit ADD when it comes to setting/achieving goals so this should help me tremendously. 

Please spread the word about my page, tell your friends and family!  I created this page for anyone who loves their hair, whether natural or transitioning, even relaxed.  Make sure to join to stay informed of new posts, it's FREE!!  I sincerely appreciate everyone who has already become a Friend of My Blog :) And now I will leave with a few snapshots of my twists, 16 total, using Shea Moisture curl enhancing smoothie.




Enjoy your weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...