Thursday, August 25, 2011

How to Find Your Hair Porosity and Density

Great info posted on one of my favorite blogs Curly Nikki!   Understanding your hair density and porosity will be helpful in determining what products may work the best for your hair.  For instance, my hair while it was relaxed seemed to not absorb any product and it took a LOT of heat to straighten.  I can remember my stylist commenting that my hair just kept dripping...it wouldn't absorb for nothing!  Flash forward to today...my hair seems to drink up all kinds of yummy delicious hair food!  Add some heat in the mix and I can definitely tell the difference.  My hair went from a lower porosity (hard to absorb) to a normal/high porosity (absorbs much better!)  As far as density goes, I would say my hair is fairly dense, although I don't think I have as much hair today as I did when I first went natural because I was still blow drying and flat ironing.  I'll take it as a lesson learned!  Enjoy :)

Curly Nikki Natural Hair Styles and Curly Hair Care: How to Find Your Hair Porosity and Density: by Jessica Mousseau via NaturallyCurly.com

As curlies, we all know how important it is to choose hair products for the right hair type...

1 comment:

  1. Yes, curly....Great tips!Got it!
    http://www.chinabestwigs.com/fulllacewig/lace-wig-virgin-hair-18inch-1-beyonce-big-body-wave

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...