Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My Weekend Wrap-Up

Me and my lovely mother
Every so often I take the opportunity to go back home (Austin) and see my family and friends.  This time I was able to pick up an order from one of my FAVORITE places, CurlMart.  For those of you who don't know, they are based out of Austin!  When I can catch a sale it's even better, since I don't have to pay for shipping either :)  I picked up a few things to tide my PJ habit over for a little while.  The Elucence brand was on sale, so I picked up their Moisture Balancing Conditioner (which I used a year or so ago with great results) and their shampoo as well.  I'm not against the idea of using shampoo if it's not filled with harsh ingredients.  Another shampoo I ordered was Karen's Body Beautiful Juicy shampoo bar...yep, shampoo in bar form.  I'm actually most excited to try this product as I've never used a shampoo bar before!  I also got a Denman D83 brush to try, I watched CharyJay do a tutorial of the Denman line and the paddle brush seemed to detangle her hair like nobody's business!  We'll see if it can do the same for me, fingers crossed!  Last but not least, I am finally replenishing my stash of Darcy's Botanicals Herbal Leave-In Conditioning Spritz.  I think the formula has changed from the one I just ran out of, but I hope the effect is still the same.  I used to alternate between that and the Oyin Handmade Juices & Berries depending on how I felt that morning, they both are good refreshers for 2nd and 3rd day hair.  I also picked up a regular size of the Organic Coconut & Hibiscus Conditioning Oil (I had received a small size as a sample in a previous order but of course I needed more!)  Of course they threw in a couple of samples, but enough for me to try on my entire head since I have a LOT of hair, but it was a nice gesture.  Oh, and I also picked up some more side combs for when I want to push my hair back...been looking for just black ones for a while, and I found large and small ones at my go-to beauty supply store (BSS) in Austin.  This order may hold me for a little while, but I know sooner, rather than later, I'll get the itch to purchase again! 




4 comments:

  1. Aww Sis I love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Denman Hair brush is WORTH every penny ! I've been using it for years. The hair products sound delish, I like using new products in the winter. TABATHA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Sis and Tabatha for your comments! I'm excited to try the Denman, hopefully I'll be able to capture the moment and share on here! I'll try to post the ingredients for the products too, soon! Thanks again, and I appreciate your support!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is awesome. My first time reading it, and seeing your lovely photos even thoughice been following you on Twitter previously. I just made a year and one week natural and I can't wait to have my length that my goal is set too. You definitely encourage me. I feel like starting another blog myself .

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...