Saturday, August 6, 2011

Walk Down Memory Lane

July 30th, 2004
Today my goal was kind of two fold, the first was to get more technologically organized (backing up files & photos, etc) and to work on my next post.  Somehow I managed to spend the majority of my day on the techno tasks, hence posting past my designated bedtime (yet again!)  Any who, I forgot what it was that made me buy my laptop...until I started searching for photos & backing up my desktop.  Talk about SLOW!! (mental note, that's next on the list to upgrade)  Long story short I was successful in completing the first task :) As I started going through my old photos I came across my BIG CHOP picture, taken by myself post cut.  I remember I had talked about wanting to cut my hair, how I was just tired of it...it was hot & I didn't have the patience for it anymore. So on this particular day I took a stroll into my local beauty college (shout out Vogue on Airport Blvd in Austin!) and let them cut my hair off.  It was definitely different, but I loved it!  I promptly left when they asked to trim it and went to my PawPaw's barbershop (East End Barber Shop off 12th St) so that HE could do the honors.  I was proud to walk in, a beautiful Black woman, rocking my fierce hairstyle.  Not too many were brave enough to do that, but to still turn heads and feel attractive with my edge up and fade made me that special girl.  That was a great day, and I never questioned the decision to cut my hair without much of any transition period.  Matter of fact, up until a couple weeks ago I actually thought my Natural anniversary was August...shame on me!

Back to the walk down memory lane...I found lots of pictures and I can say I was never really scared or afraid to cut my hair, and I always envied those who could rock a curly style.  Now I may be someone else's hair inspiration...go figure! Can't wait to get the rest of my pictures organized, but for now it's bedtime!

Lisa Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...