Sunday, August 21, 2011

Lazy...With a Side of Randomness

I've been lazy. There I've said it...and it's the God honest truth. I haven't been to the gym, and I haven't done anything with my hair all week. I feel shamed, but it happens to everyone. It's just been one of those weeks I guess you could say. I was off Saturday and had every intention of doing some major clean up when I turned on the TV and one of my favorite movies of all time was on, Crooklyn.  SO here comes the randomness lol!  I managed to catch the movie when Troy was staying with her relatives, and her Aunt had taken her "beads and braids" out  only to then press her hair.  Now, I've never (not that I can recall) worn "beads and braids" but I have worn braids, and I REMEMBER having my hair pressed.  I felt for Troy as she sat through her experience...and you can see the poofs of smoke so you KNOW she was really getting her hair pressed.  The times I pressed my hair I felt I was doing better for my hair than relaxing it, but I was really doing both together (pressing in between relaxers).  I'll make sure to post some pictures back from high school when I was the one responsible for my hair.  Now that I know better, I don't know WHAT my younger self was thinking!  I braided my hair for my sister's wedding in 2009, and that was the last time I had any kind of heat in my hair.  I'm preparing myself for this protein treatment I'm going to do tomorrow night (will definitely record it, not sure how good the editing will be but I'm real, so hey, who cares right? lol!) and I have to heat my hair completely dry before I rinse it out.  I had a hide and seek mission in my closet to find my freaking blow dryer...but I found it.  My hair is in need of some extra TLC right about now (while I'm watching TLC- Behind the Music Remastered!)  Can't wait to try this out tomorrow and report back to y'all.

Thank you SO MUCH to y'all reading, subscribing, and following my blog.  I've recently started my Facebook page, This Hair of Mine.  If you're on Facebook please support that as well.  Again, I'm new to this whole blogging thing, but I'm really speaking from what I feel and what I know.  Not trying to sell y'all anything, I just want to pass on the info that I've learned and am constantly learning.  I'm going to try and get in the bed by 10pm so I'll just leave y'all with a snippet of what I would say is one of the funniest parts of Crooklyn, being a Natural gal :) 

(Sorry about the sound but you get the idea!)

If you have a "fun" pressing or perm story please share, I'd love to hear!!

G'night folks!
Lisa Michelle
My "lazy" hair 'do


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...