Sunday, August 7, 2011

Wash Day!

Today, I wash!

Exciting, huh? I know someone out there knows the feeling that I'm feeling right now, lol! My hair is already twisted in 4 chunky twists, so I'll make my job easier by applying a fairly liberal amount of my oil mix (a blend of Jojoba, Sweet Almond, Coconut, and Jamaican Black Castor Oils). This gets rubbed into my scalp and each twist.  I'll don the plastic cap (you know what I'm talking about) and cover with my warmed up Hair Therapy Wrap.  This is the way I'll stay to do my around the house stuff: cleaning, lounging, Facebooking, napping ;) When it's time to co-wash, I finger detangle one section at a time before breaking out the shower comb. Patience is the key, but normally the hot oil treatment makes detangling way easier! Conditioner gets used like shampoo, but 1) I have a lot of hair and 2) I use it to detangle so I use A LOT...I love a good conditioner! I may need up to 6 sections today seeing as in I actually worked out this week, the hair closest to my scalp tends to need more attention. I'll leave the conditioner on, putting my plastic cap back on to retain heat while I finish my showering duties, then I untwist each section and rinse with cool water to close the cuticle. Voila!! This may take me about 15-20 minutes per section, but then my hair is detangled and ready for product and styling.  Putting a little effort up front makes it easier in the end.

What are your wash day routines?

Lisa Michelle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...