Monday, September 5, 2011

Feel-O-Vision

It's 8:00am...and I just got up from sleeping on my satin pillowcase (SN: I'm going to get another one TODAY!!!)  A few weeks ago there was a lot of blogs headlining the issue people have with touching your natural hair.  There was a story, I think, about one woman being in a restaurant with either the waitress or an older patron reaching out to touch her hair.  It cracked me up because I've been in situations like that and I for one don't like to be rude so I give a fierce eye (you know...the Eye!) and that's generally enough to stop people in their tracks.  Now let me preface that by saying I really don't mind when you ASK...it's those people that feel it's their right as a human to enter another person's space.  My hair is my space, and I already have an issue with people who don't know how to respect my "bubble" so that's when you might catch the Eye from me.  I've learned that some people really and truly don't understand what the problem is, and I've found that those are the people who never spend more than 15 minutes on their hair...and don't think about germies and other grossities that people carry around.  I am not to fond of being petted, are you?  Think about it like that next time someone asks to touch your hair.

Yea, I went off on a tangent - and what!?!  LOL!  I'm so goofy sometimes, but I just remembered that whole topic circulating when I titled this topic.  I'll say the reason I don't have a problem with someone touching my hair (who has had permission) is because I LOVE my hair!  My hair is something that does draw attention, and I do my best to keep it in it's best condition because I represent the Natural hair community wherever I go.  I got up this morning after sleeping wild, stuck a hand in my head as is customary first thing in the morning and POW!  My hair is soft as a baby's bottom (or is that smooth? I dunno!)  I'm talking soft like "what the hell did I do to have hair this soft" soft" lol...told y'all I'm silly this morning, it's Labor Day and I plan on laboring in my hair today :)

 Pic on the left is squeezing, pic on the right is released...don't think it truly
conveys the softness, but it springs back with the fierceness
 
Any just for those who are keeping track, I last washed my hair on August 23 in preparation for the protein treatment...so that's coming up on 2 weeks since my last wash, and about 10 days since my twistout.  Is that not crazy or what!  And for my hair to STILL feel this soft and not tangled, I'm truly amazed.  I'm going to attribute that to the protein treatment, satin pillow case, and my KBB Sweet Ambrosia & Darcy's Botanicals Coconut & Hibiscus Conditioning oil.  All good things must come to an end though, so today I'm washing with my Elucence Moisture Balancing Shampoo (gonna give it a try & I'll report back) and the Moisture Balancing Conditioner (I've used it before with great results!).  I also plan on clipping my ends, a practice known as "dusting" because you only dust the ends, maybe 1/2"-1"...maybe I should straighten it first so show the length.  It's been over 2 years I did the blow dry/flat iron thing and I'm not really enthused about the process.  I'll figure it out at some point!

Are you doing anything fancy with your hair today?  Pamper session maybe?

Lisa Michelle :)


Before bed last night


 

 First thing this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...